PPR Project Management -- Renovation & Construction
As our Clients’ Construction/Project Management WatchDog, PPR supervises a renovation project from inception to completion with a focus on timing, quality, and bottom-line cost controls.
…The PPR WatchDog guards our Clients’ best real estate interests!
Take a look at the PPR WatchDog PRICING Information below!
What is the Role of a Real Estate Renovation and Construction Project Manager?
The Project Management Institute (PMI) defines Project Management as “The art of directing and coordinating human and material resources throughout the life of a project by using modern management techniques to achieve predetermined objectives of scope, cost, time, quality, and participating objectives.” Wideman, R. M. (1986). The PMBOK report: PMI body of knowledge standards. Project Management Journal, 17(3), 15–24.
From the inception of a renovation project to its completion, the PPR WatchDog, as our Clients’ Project Manager, delivers and guards 9 major areas of the process. Take a look below.
- PPR Has Only One Master: Our Client. On a regularly scheduled basis, PPR will bring our Clients up-to-date on the status of each project component as well as the overall status of the project to include: client concerns; project challenges; updated changes in timelines; material choices, supplier material availability, and material delivery issues; quality control; budgeting; costs; and any changes to the targeted completion date.
- Budgeting the Project. PPR maintains a Project Budget on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to assist in tracking and managing potential overages and savings when compared to original and budget projections. The PPR WatchDog also monitors the Renovation Project to be sure it is tracking to meet the anticipated overall cost for the renovation.
- Coordinating Professionals. At the Project inception, PPR orchestrates the work with and between architects, engineers, and other professionals to take the project from paper drawings to the worksite.
- Overseeing Compliance with Building Codes and Standards. Working with professionals and trades, the PPR WatchDog assures that each component of the renovation project is in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations. As advisable, PPR will be present on the Client’s behalf during all inspections to discuss, understand and resolve any required changes and/or violations. Throughout the term of the overall project, PPR will diligently work with all of the workers and trades to assure safe worksite practices and compliance with applicable OSHA regulations.
- Project Management from Inception to Completion. On an ongoing basis, PPR tracks the total renovation including: cost estimates, site preparation, vetting contractors, trades and other professionals, creating time lines, ordering and checking materials, and quality controls.
- Onsite oversight: Human and Material Resources. PPR supervises the professionals, workers, and trades to include: hiring, goal setting, commitment to start-up and shut-down times, daily evaluation and quality of work, discipline and firing to optimize the quality of the renovations to completion. On a day-by-day basis, the PPR WatchDog examines all project material(s) deliveries for timeliness, quantity, quality, and cost as compared to the order placed. PPR acts to remedy any discrepancies and makes adjustments to the trades’ timelines as necessary. As mentioned above, PPR communicates all project status changes with our Clients. On an ongoing, day-by-day basis, the PPR WatchDog checks the status of each project component as it affects the overall project.
- Resolving Trade and Supplier Disputes. PPR acts as on onsite referee to create a meeting of the minds in disputes between and among various professionals, trades, and suppliers. In addition, when PPR or the Client has questions or concerns with respect to the various professionals, trades, and suppliers, PPR works to negotiate a favorable resolution.
- Creating and Maintaining Timelines. PPR coordinates diverse renovation and construction trades for the purpose of creating efficient timelines on an ongoing basis throughout the life of the Project. On a day-to-day basis, the PPR WatchDog sequences and re-sequences the trades involved in any given project to create time and cost efficiencies based on the ability or inability of one trade or another to complete their work within a given time line.
- Keeping Contracts, Daily Workplace Records, Receipts, Photo History, and all Applicable Project Data. Record-keeping is essential to the near- and long-term success of any renovation project. Accurate records assist PPR in working with the Client to assure that the Project is on-target physically and financially during the renovation period as well as for creating a final cost-analysis and overview for the Client. In addition, these documents and photo history are essential to our Client’s future ability to verify his or her renovations and investment to future potential buyers.
As the Client’s Construction Project Manager, PPR will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, controlling, and timing the renovation project from its inception to its completion to meet or exceed the Client’s expectations.
The PPR WatchDog will protect our Clients’ Renovation Project
so that their Dreams become their New Reality!
PRICING INFORMATION FOR THE PPR WATCHDOG RENOVATION PROJECT MANAGER
To provide our potential clients an estimated price for PPR’s Renovation Project Management, it is essential to outline two important factors:
> What differentiates PPR’s services.
> What components contribute to the price estimate.
The PPR Difference:
> We are not General Contractors – We are Project Managers.
> Included in the initial cost of PPR’s services — before beginning the vetting of trades and starting the renovation – PPR insists on a Forensic Inspection of the property by the PPR WatchDog.
> We are our client’s WatchDog and only represent the Client.
> We manage & oversee the code compliance, permits & inspections.
> We vet the trades to find the area’s best professionals.
> We provide onsite oversight during all working hours.
> We are our client’s representative, constantly monitoring costs, quality, and timelines.
> We stay in constant communication with the client providing updates with respect to unexpected challenges, changes in estimated costs, and revisions to the individual timelines as well as the completion date.
The Price Components for an Estimate:
> An initial Quote for PPR Planning Services. PPR provides the potential client with an Initial Price Quote which includes, but is not limited to: PPR’s price for representing the client during the planning stages, overseeing the Forensic Inspection, and working with the other professionals – Architect & Engineer(s) to put the project on paper and develop a renovation project cost estimate.
> A Secondary Quote for PPR Renovation Services. PPR provides the potential client with a price quote for its role as Project Manager from the beginning of the renovation, including vetting the trades, until completion. During this phase of the project, PPR becomes the client’s eyes and ears: The PPR WatchDog!
NOTE: During the Watchdog Phase, PPR Calculates the Price for Its Services Based on 4 Factors to Create an Estimate. 1) We estimate the number of days, weeks, and months to completion. 2) We convert these time frames into man hours. 3) We multiply the man hours times the hourly wages. (PPR’s wages do not include the costs related to the trades or other professionals) 4) We add in travel & related expenses, based on a pre-agreed upon daily, weekly or monthly amount).
When the potential Client agrees to move forward with the Planning stage, a 10% good faith retainer will be paid by the client to PPR based on the Initial Quote. When the potential Client agrees to move forward with the Renovation stage, a 10% good faith retainer will be paid by the client to PPR based on the Secondary Quote. Throughout both phases of the project, invoices will be sent to the client weekly to be paid within 7 business days unless otherwise agreed upon.